Loading...
Text Size Translate

The City of Arkansas City strives to provide a high quality of life for its citizens by furnishing a variety of efficient services in a professional, courteous manner.

Request email notification when page changes E-Notify
Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide is sometimes referred to as the silent killer. Carbon Monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas produced by burning fuel. In the home, dangerous levels of CO can occur if fuel-burning appliances are not working properly or are used incorrectly.
Each year, hundreds of people in the U.S. die from carbon monoxide poisoning in the home. Thousands more become ill and require medical treatment, many suffer lasting harm.
Fortunately, there are ways to prevent CO poisoning in the home.

  • Maintain your fuel burning appliances.
  • Have your heating system inspected and cleaned each year.
  • Check your chimneys and flue pipes often.
  • Be alert to the Signs and Symptoms of CO poisoning.
  • Install Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.

  • Headache
  • Fatigue
  • Weakness
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Dizziness
  • Confusion
  • Trouble Breathing
  • Loss of Consciousness
If a member of your family has symptoms,
GET HELP IMMEDIATELY!
Everyone should get out of the building
at once and call 911 for help.