10 Tips for Making Sure Your Contractor is on the Level
1. Hire only licensed contractors.
2. Check the contractor’s license number by calling 620-441-4420
3. Get three references, and review past work.
4. Get at least three bids.
5. Get a written contract and do not sign anything until you completely understand the terms.
6. Pay 10% down or $1000, whichever is less if a deposit is required.
7. Don’t let payments get ahead of work. Keep records of payments.
8. Don’t make the final payment until you’re satisfied with the job.
9. Don’t pay cash.
10.Keep a job file of all papers relating to your project.
Click the menus to the left for permit fees, applications and other important information.