Convention and Visitors Bureau Board of Directors
The Arkansas City Convention and Visitors Bureau is governed by a seven-member Board of Directors that generally meets at noon on the second Thursday of each month.
Meetings are held at the CVB office at 106 S. Summit St. in downtown Arkansas City or the Chaplin Nature Center visitors center, located west of Arkansas City at 27814 27th Drive.
Three members of the Board of Directors represent the hotel and motel industry or area tourist attractions, while three more are citizens appointed at large.
All six members are appointed by the mayor with the consent of the City Commission. The seventh voting member is one of the five city commissioners, who is reappointed annually.
The current membership of the CVB Board of Directors is:
- Chairman — Arty Hicks (at large; serves until Jan. 1, 2020)
- Vice Chair — Liz Shepard (at large; serves until Jan. 1, 2021)
- Secretary — Shawn Silliman (Chaplin Nature Center, representing tourism; serves until Jan. 1, 2020)
- Treasurer — Carlla Pike (at large; serves until Jan. 1, 2019)
- Member — Dena Ward (representing tourism; serves until Jan. 1, 2019)
- Member — Sara Williams (Best Western Plus Patterson Park Inn, representing hotels; serves until Jan. 1, 2021)
- Commissioner — Commissioner Duane Oestmann (serves until Jan. 8, 2019)